itchy toes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy toes

Hi I have had itchy toes for weeks it's driving me crazy!! I thought it was chilblains and treated with chilblain cream which hasn't helped, I have now developed painful lumps on my toes along with the itching it also seems to be worse at night, Does anyone have any ideas what it could be
Sounds like a minor case of athlete's foot. Try coating your toes with Vicks VapoRub.
You have a condition called Athletes Foot.

Athlete's foot spreads easily. It can be passed from person to person through contaminated towels, clothing or surfaces. Do not wear or try on other peoples shoes.

The fungi multiply in warm and humid places such as showers, swimming pools and changing rooms, that is why it is important to keep your feet dry and change your socks regularly.

Wash your feet regularly and make sure you dry thoroughly in between the toes and wear clean cotton socks every day.  

You can get over the counter antifungal creams especially for Athletes Foot.  There is a cream called Daktarin AKTIV cream that contains Miconazole Nitrate.  Read the instructions on its use.  You can also get antifungal talcum powder for this too.  

With treatment it goes away quite quickly.  If not treated can get really painful and sore with flaking and cracked skin.

Best wishes.
It was my doctor who told me to use Vicks. He said it was effective. He was right. At the beginning of every summer I get the itch and use the Vicks. It works right away. And it's cheap. He is one of those doctors who looks for home remedies that work and have been forced into obscurity by the drug houses. He hasn't much use for fungicides in general, by the way.
That's great.  I have Vick vapour rub and smother the grandchildren on their chest and back when they have colds (when they stay overnight with me).

I will try it next time I feel itchy on my toes.

I have used natural yogurt to draw away inflammation.  My leg was very painful and swollen the other day and I cannot take Ibuprofen because it does not suit me.  I used the yogurt on my foot a few months ago when I sprained it and I have used it to treat sunburn as well as down below for Thrush.  It works.  

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with regard to alternative remedies.  Unfortunately though they don't always work, just like some medicines don't always work.
You are right, of course, Wash and dry you toes before using the Vicks.