itchy welts

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

itchy welts

Since about September i have been getting hives , usually appearing on my stomach and where my bra line and underwear line are. At first i thought that i was just getting mosquito bites but it wasn't that.

Since then i have changed my detergent to allergy free , and still problems. I haven't eaten anything new or used any new creams but yet every evening when i go to sleep i wake up with welts where my bra was and anywhere where i had layed on my body. I also randomly break out on my feet when i am standing too long, and my hands will get really red and start burning and itching. A few times i have had my lip swell up too.

I have no insurance so haven't had a chance to see a doctor, but when i take benadryl it seems to help with the itching and calamine lotion too.

oh i forgot to add the welts go away and come back often
I have the same problem and I really wish I knew why. The difference is it is on the back of my neck, my arms, my upper legs (thighs) and my wrists. My legs itch really bad and changing laundry detergent only helps a little. My upper lip also swelled up 2 times: once after taking aleve (3-5 hours later) and once after ibprofen (also 3-5 hours later).
Does anyone have any enlightenment? I would like to make sure that it is nothing more than an allergic reaction. My mother has lupus and that frightens me.
I get very itchy basically all day.  I itch so much that I don't even realize that I am scratching sometimes.  My husband just looks at me and shakes his head.  Tonight all of a sudden these big long raised lines developed on my upper inner arm and my forearm on the palm side and it has been like this for about and hour and a half.  It is almost gone.  BUt these random welts appear out of nowhere and tonight is the worst.  I thought I was getting mosquito bites at first but I realized there are no mosquitos in the winter and I haven't seen any.  It is just me who is itchy and welty.  I have stinging itchy sensation all over all the time and I think I am going insane!  It started this winter and I had it for the past several winters, the dry skin that is, but the hives and welts are brand new this month.  I am getting a bit concerned.  Any thoughts???
I've had this problem too - I'd get hives where my sleeve hit my wrist or capri pants hit my leg or on my knee if I crossed my leg.

My Dr. put me on Zyrtec (which is now over the counter) and has been proven to work better on hives then other antihistimines in clinical studies. It also doesn't have the sleepiness side effect of benadryl.
I have the same problem. Last night I woke up with what looked like a bite. it was the size of a baseball. I thought to my self well maybe its bed bugs, but it can't be because i wash my sheets every other day and they keep coming back. I also have Eczema Which doesn't help matters. I would really like to know what they are and where the came from?
omg i have had trouble finding someone with the same. my itches start at night and are always around my underwear and bra line even though theyre not tight. i also get it on my stomach a bit and had randome facial swellings like my lip or my eyelid.

the ones on my torso itch but the ones on my face dont and they are gone by daylight and phenergen helps but puts me to sleep. its been ongoing for about 3 months every 2 or 3 nights.

any advice would be much appreciated too