Dermatology Community
kenalog injection
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

kenalog injection

I have a scar. on my chest by the clavicle bone due to aLaser co2  It.killed me.. Did plastic surgery to revise the scar 10years ago. I have been getting over the years the kenalog injection. I have noticed redneess and some indentation...Does it go away??? Thank u for any input.

Respectfully your's,
     Judy

This discussion is related to Kenalog Injection.
Related Discussions
Hi,
Triamcinolone (trade name Kenalog) is a synthetic corticosteroid that can be injected into the subcutaneous area, as it may help  alleviate stubborn swelling and decrease the presence of scar tissue.

This drug is commonly used by Dermatologists by injection into Infected and swollen Sebaceous Cysts and scar adhesions. As with all steroid medications it comes with side effects, the most notable being being redness or pain at the injection site.
The other common ones being headache, menstrual period changes and/or post-menopausal bleeding, easy bruising and/or bleeding, swelling of the ankles/feet, persistent weight gain, puffy face, unusual hair growth and thinning of the skin etc.

These side effects will disappear when the medication is stopped in most cases. However, this may not always be true in long-standing cases when some of the side effects cannot be reversed.
It depends on an individual's predisposition as well as other factors associated with the medication.

ref:http://www.medications.com/se/kenalog
Blank
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity