large red pimple on lip!! nervous what can it be

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

3 weeks ago i started to get a pimple growth right where my facial skin meets me upper lip. It got large and red, developed alot of pus here and there and then it started to decrease in size and now i have a red spot where my "pimple use to be. it hurt when i pressed down on it...is this red area ever going on leave and have normal skin again?

then after this pimple left which took like 2 weeks to leave...then weeks later i now have what it looks like the same pimple a little further away from where my first pimple developed..its getting red and big

im nervous and scared!!! is this an std of some sort or can this be a pimple..

at time i feel like my lips end of my lips do burn, and sometimes in the inside of my mouth burns too. can this be related..

can normal pimples develop like this on the lips? can a pimplle burn?

Without examination, confirming a diagnosis is tough but the various possibilities for such a rash on the adjoining area of lips and facial skin can be a boil(infection of the hair follicle on the skin of the face above the lips) , pyogenic granuloma(common, benign growth that often appears as a rapidly growing, bleeding bump on the skin or inside the mouth) , perioral dermatitis and cold sores of herpes(cold sores typically appear outside the mouth – usually, under the nose, around the lips, or under the chin).

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get yourself evaluated for the differentials listed above.Treatment is different for all and is dependent on the diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries.

do you think its more of a boil then herpes? herpes doesnt look like a pimple does it? ive had the same thing before with pus it in..maybe its a bad pimple or something?

herpes usally goes more on your lip right and it looks like a burned area of the skin?> this just looks like a boil and or a pimple that i think eventualy will include puss?

I feel that chances of this rash being a boil are more given its location. Apply warm compresses on the lump and keep the area clean.Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head.Take some over the counter anti inflammatory pain reliever like ibuprofen or acetaminophen and  see if the symptoms improve.If the symptoms persist then pls consult a dermatologist and get cold sores due to herpes ruled out.

but wouldnt herpes create a crop of sores and have fluid in the lesions and then burn and break to look like ur lips are burnt?