light brown spots on skin
My son woke up the other morning with light color brown spots on his thighs and lower abdomen.What could this be they are spreading slowly.

Are there other symptoms present? If there is no history of allergic reaction, this could be due to an infection, irritation or  skin conditions such as dermatitis. Tinea or fungal infection is common and usually begins as a small red area that grows, and spreads out in a circle or ring.  In  tinea versicolor,  irregularly shaped pale or dark tan spots often merging together to form a larger patch is present.  Some of these infections easily spread from person to person. I would recommend that you have this evaluated by a doctor for proper management. Direct clinical examination of the patch or lesions is needed to determine the diagnosis. Definite diagnosis of a fungal infection is through obtaining skin scrapings and observation under the microscope.

Take care and keep us posted.