little red dots

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

little red dots

I have little red dots on my feet and shortly after I noticed them, then I had patches of skin peeling.  I now have the peeling skin on my hands but haven't noticed any red dots on my hands.  The peeling skin - it peels several layers of skin in the small spots.
Tags: red dots
The red dots could be part of an allergic response to a known/unknown trigger or due to non-specific dermatitis.
Allergic rashes are usually itchy but it can present simply as red bumps. It could be due to soap/detergent or creams/lotions. It could also result from certain foods or any medication that you might have taken in the preceding days.Viral infections can sometimes cause a non-specific rash.

The peeling of the skin following a rash is part of the healing process of the skin being restored back to normal. The outer layers of skin get inflamed and as the condition settles down, this will be sloughed off. This causes the appearance of peeling skin.

An application of petroleum jelly (Vaseline) can also help to keep the skin moisturized, making it less prone to peeling.
This condition should resolve in a couple of weeks and fresh skin will replace the affected areas.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This may be a case of dishydrotic eczema. In the presence of itchiness or a weeping rash, then dishydrotic eczematous disease may be a consideration. Other differential will be irritant dermatitis which may present with dryness (as opposed to dishydrosis) and scaly skin. I would suggest that you avoid prolonged exposure to water. Apply a light moisturizer like Vitamin E over the areas. Use a mild or bland cleanser such as Cetaphil to wash the areas. Have this assessed by your physician to help rule out an allergic reaction. If your are taking any medications or if you have had recurrent episodes of sore throats or kidney problems, then we need to rule out a bacterial infection which may present similarly with peeling skin over the hands and soles of feet.