long ingrown hairs
Have you any information regarding long ingrown hairs restricting blood vessels or veins in the head?
Long ingrown hair may cause aggravation of symptoms because friction has caused hair to penetrate skin, which resulted into abscess formation and the attempt to remove it was premature or incomplete. Though later pus came out from it, part of hair must be inside causing recurrent pus formation. Such situation does not allow the wound to heal and cause indurations (Hardness with increase in size).

Some anti-inflammatory medicines (like diclofenac  or ibuprofen) will help to reduce the swelling. Cleaning with some anti-septic solution and anti-biotic course under general physician’s guidance will lessen the pus formation.

If the symptoms persist then topical and oral antibiotics may be needed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.