look's like a wart but it's not ! See pic, anyone knows ?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

7114243?1312220983
I have this "growth" on the palm of my hand. It's been on my hand for a couple of months now. I though it would have disappeared on its own, but it wont go away !

It's circular, about 1/8" diameter. It never changed size, doesn't hurt if I don't touch it. When I get out of the shower, I can clearly see the "growth" is embedded into my skin. I only have 1.

I tried to "kill" it with wrath gel treatment, but I didn't do anything other than burn my good skin around it.

Anyone knows what it is ? I have been searching the net, can't find anything ! Plus where I live, it's almost impossible to get an appointment with a dermatologist if your are not referred as an emergency by a generalist MD.

Short of taking a cutter ton my hand, lol, I don't know what to do !

Thanks for the help !
Tags: wart
I would diagnose this as a Pyogenic granuloma. A differential would be Molluscum contagiosum. Lasers, cautery, removal may be the options,
Your doctor will guide you.Forums do give you an idea but early diagnosis and treatment by heath professional is the best to follow.
Thank you very much for your reply,

Although it does look like Pyogenic granuloma, in the symptoms described, mine as never bled.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002435/

And it's not quite Molluscum contagiosum. From what I can read, I only have 1 and it doesn't appear to be contagious.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001829/

I have a new picture of it wet, we can see it more clearly. .. not sure how to modify the original post and add a picture... i'll keep looking.
[img]http://upload.clubmr2quebec.com/files/8/IMG_1205.JPG[/img]
From the symptoms it looks like a pyogenic granuloma. The other possibility is of nodular fibromatosis. Apply cold compresses and take care that it should not rupture. If it ruptures then apply some antiseptic and then Neosporin ointment. If the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist and get evaluated for pyogenic granuloma and nodular fibromatosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.