medications for healing skin fungus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

medications for healing skin fungus

I have a skin fungus or allergic reaction on my right fore arm, went to doctor and he did not specify which one it was after sample were taken and sent to lab, and i believe it happened to spread to the backside of the shaft of my penis. My arm has a large portion inflamed with what seems to be the pores of my skin filled with some liquid. My penis is inflamed but does not have same visual indications as fungus on arm. What is the best guess of what it is and how the hell do i get rid of it.
What you seem to be having on your penis is called balanitis.It can be due to growth of infecting organisms which aggravate it.

Oral course of antibiotics is needed.In addition,pls don’t use any cosmetics on the penis,instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin.Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin.In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Went to a doctor, he took samples and came to conclusion it was a fungus or allergic reaction to a plant. told him that it had spread and was getting worse, now sections of torso starting to turn into infected areas. Asked him for some oral antibiotics, said he didn't think it was necessary and he had seen worse, said this was worse for me but he still turned me away. If i could get antibiotics, like penicillin or something else, should i do a tapered course for like 8 or 9 days. This infection is getting worse, but can't go back to that doctor, only other place I can go is emergency room but will cost a lot of money.

FYI: I am circumcised, so do not know if balanitis is the right diagnoses. And another question, do you think other people could contract this if come in contact with it?
If it is a fungal infection,then antibiotics are not needed and instead antifungals are needed. Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.

If the symptoms persist then pls get it evaluated from a dermatologist.And yes fungal infections are contagious and can be spread to other person by close contact.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

Went back to doctor because fungus migrated to many parts of my body and he finally gave me some stronger medications. Gave me Miconazole, Betamethasone Valerate, and Cephalexin for ten days. Hopefully can kill the bacteria in a couple days. Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.
Mark