Dermatology Expert Forum
mole questions

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

mole questions

DR Rockoff I have a few questions about some moles I have.I have a light brown mole under my jaw that I want removed.Its a raised mole but only slightly raised.I have been shaving over it for over 12 years and didnt think much about it until now.I see a white spot on it and I was reading a white spot can mean cancer now im really worried.Do all whte spots mean cancer on moles?The mole is a little bit smaller then a pencil eraser.Can this be removed at a dermatologists office?Reason I ask is the skin is very thin under the jaw and how would it be removed and would it
require stitches?Also can a good dermatologist tell by looking at a mole if it is benign or not?I also have 2 small red moles on the back of my neck I want removed because of haircuts and one of them is starting to itch.Is itching always a bad sign?The 2 small red moles are smaller than a pencil eraser and look all one color but its hard to see cause there on the back of my neck one has a hair growing out if it.I called a local dermatologist and they cant see me until november i think thats way to long to wait I cant wait that long.How can I get in sooner?Anyway thanks for all your help DR Rockoff.god bless.
White spots are not a typical sign of cancer.  Itching is usually a sign of irritation, not cancer.  Yes, a dermatologist can tell whether a mole is benign or not just by looking.  From your description, I very much doubt that the mole under your jaw needs to be removed, but when you see the doctor you will learn whether it needs to be removed and if so how.  I don't know how you can get in earlier, but I don't see any rush or reason for you to worry, based on what you've told me.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
I forgot to add the mole under my jaw has some hair from my beard growing right out of it thats why i try to be carefull when I shave.
also the border of the mole under my jaw is not perfectly round this also worries me is this something to worry about also?like I said its smaller than a pencil eraser and light brown.
Dr rockoff I also found a small flat mole on my forearm that is light brown but under a  jewelers magnifying glass I can see some dark brown spots and darker on one side.Its round and about the size of two pen tips.Im worried about this one too .what do you think?
I have a couple Questions,Dr Rockoff!

i accenditly scratched a mole that i have,did i infect it? And do i have a chance of getting cancer?

And another Question,How likely is it for me to get cancer,im only 13 years old?

Im soo scared of getting cancer!!!!!!!!!