non-itching small dark rashes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

non-itching small dark rashes

Good Afternoon,

I have several small circular dark/burgundy-maroon colored rashes on my arms (inner forearms), buttocks (2 on lt and 3 on the rt) and one here or there on my lower extremities. I am a Black female - if this helps.  I visited my PCP in Dec 08, who instructed me to only wash my body once a day and limit the amount of times I wash my hands. Change the soap I use from Safeguard to Dove and apply a topical ointment (betamethason velerate usp, 0.1%).  My research on this medication discovered that this ointment is an anti-flammatory-anti-itch medication.

The rashes on my lt inner forearm have almost dissappeared, but the rashes on the rt arm continue to multiply and the rashes on my buttocks are larger and darker. I have an appt with an allergist in the next two weeks. However, I am wondering if there is an OTC that will help with the discoloration and rid me of this condition?. I am afraid that these rashes are going to become permanent scars.  The rashes will give a burining when dry.

Can you please tell me from the description above - what are these rashes?  I was exposed to mold in the ladder part of the summer at work. There was a molded box of papers in the office next door to my office placed in front of the vent - in which the air pulled into the AC was contaminated with mold dust - an inturn blew out of the vent in my office. The Workers Compenstation Physician asked me if I had rashes and explained that - the rashes could be an allergic reaction to the mold. However, the blood test did not reveal anything. Although, my computerized research disclosed that it is possible for a person to have a  first layer of an allergic reaction to mold without it getting into the blood system. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help!

This discussion is related to Non itching rash.