peeling skin and scaling of penis
by aryan374, Oct 28, 2008
  i m 24 year old.I noticed skin peeling and kind of scaling on my penis on the urethra part and it was burning little bit during washing with water.i also got slight red zone on the skin where the urethra connects with glans penis.i have no sexual contacts for past 3 to 4 months.i applied anti fungal cream on it...
  can u suggest me what to do?
Related Discussions
Member Comments (2)
by Dr SantosBlank, Oct 28, 2008

This could be tinea cruris which is a fungal skin infection of the groin.  This condition  is more common in men than in women. It is contagious and can be spread by direct or indirect contact through damp towels or combs. The fungi thrives in  warm, moist places. The usual presentation is a large, scaly, red-brown patch on the groin and sometimes affects the scrotum. Associated symptoms like itching, burning sensation in the infected area may also be observed. It is important to keep the area clean and dry.

It would be best to have this evaluated by your doctor for proper diagnosis and to rule out other causes.  Diagnosis is through a scrape from the lesion for cultivation and examination under a microscope. The infection can be treated with topical or oral antifungal  medication prescribed by your doctor. Treatment is  usually continued for a while after the rash has gone, to minimize the risk of recurrence.  Urinalysis may also be done to rule out infection of the urinary tract.

Take care and keep us posted.
by dpimatrix, Jan 06, 2013
The intake of benzo and other stimulants such B12 and other supplements that interact with the nervous system cause this problem in my case.  When i stop taking these, the scaling stops immediately.  When I do get back on them the scale return.  My doctors have been clueless thus far.