Dermatology Expert Forum
peeling skin under nose
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

peeling skin under nose

Hello -

Sometime in early December I got a cold with nasal conjestion.  The cold went away in about a week, but left the openings to my nostrils red and flaky.  It calmed down a tad, but all winter long its still a little irrtated.  I tried Neospirin for some time, no luck.  I tried facial lotion, no luck.  Then I tried 1% hydrocortisone and it seemed to help.  But it won't just go way completely and if i do blow my nose it seems to come back.  I know the winter can be dry, I have added a humidifer to my bedroom, it seems to help a little.

Should I keep putting on the hydrocortisone twice a day?  I have been using if for about 10 days, I have backed off a little bit and I have blown my nose some in the past few days and it looks like its irritated again.

thanks.
Related Discussions
242489 tn?1210500813
It sounds as though you have irritation from nose-blowing.  Mild hydrocortisone should help, along with moisture lotions and gentle cleansing.  Now that your cold is gone, the irritation should go away too.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
2 Comments
Blank
I had the same thing after a cold. My husband used my nose spray, which I thought a bad idea.  After the cold lessened, my nose started peeling was red and burned.  Makeup covered it, but without makeup I looked bad.
My doctor told me to use the jock itch cream and mix it with a little hydrocrodisone for the itch.
It was gone in less than a week.  I had had the rash and burning for several months.
Try the jock itch cream.  Buy the expensive brand. I believe it was lamisil.
Good luck.
I'm not a doctor, just play one with my family!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703