pelvic rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

pelvic rash

what might the rash be in the pelvic region of my partner. He has been to 2 doctors, the first giving him a tinea product that the 2nd doctor thought was ridiculous. the 2nd doctors prescription doesn't seem to be working either. the rash is full cherry colour, like a burn or birthmark. It is constant. does not break up until i finishes.

This discussion is related to Rash in Groin Area.
  • grrrr... (1 replies):
    How can i prevent the wet of my uderarm with a broken sk...[more]
  • rash (1 replies):
    i have a bright red rash thats sore and itchy between my...[more]
  • armpit rash oozing (1 replies):
    I HAVE ARASH IN MY ARMPIT. NOW IT IS OOZING AND A STRAND...[more]
  • Rash with red holes? (1 replies):
    About a week ago i got a horrible pain/itch on the ride ...[more]
  • rash (1 replies):
    i have a bright red, burning rash underneath my stomach,...[more]
One of the possibilities for such kind of rash is intertrigo. An intertrigo usually appears red and raw-looking, and may also itch, ooze, and be sore.

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful(apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands).Application of mild steroid cream like dermacort also helps. For the itching please take some over the counter antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. In case the symptoms persist then antifungals may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for the information on your thoughts on the rash. My partner had been to the Drs 3 times. Different diagnosis' and medications.
As my partner was seeing the Dr for a virus on the 3rd occassion, and was given antibiotic, we are not certain as to whether it was the 3rd med or the antibiotic that has actually cured the rash.
Needless to say, we will find out if the rash reoccurs.
Thankyou again.
BABER29