penis candida

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

penis candida

I believe I have contracted the candida on my penis.
Is got redness on the tod gland and also the foreskin and I also see some discharge that is white.
can i put lotrimin on it until I see my doctor next week.

thank you
Avatar dr f tn

I suggest you have this assessed by your physician first. A culture of the discharge will help determine if this is fungal in nature. Balanitis which is a skin condition is a likely differential here. However, the presence of a discharge (is this discharge from the skin or from the urethra) may suggest a urinary tract infection.

A urinalysis will also help .  As this is relevant to your case, may I ask if you are sexually active?
yes I am.
I also have to tell you that last night before I went to sleep I cleaned
my gland and my foreskin with cetaphil and I put lotrimin after words and today was in much better condition.
is not hitching as much and is not as red.
anyway monday I will go to the doctor.
Avatar dr f tn

This may be a yeast infection. Yes, it is best to have this assessed by a physician. Being sexually active, it is important that other disease conditions like  urethritis for instance have to be ruled out. Avoid any sexual contact for now until you have been thoroughly assessed by your doctor. Continue  good genital hygiene.
thank you