Dermatology Community
penis coloration
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

penis coloration

hi im 50 caucasian and my penis skin color became brown over the years.i have a normal sexual life with my wife married for 30 years.Recently  white spots of color appeared,like it was the original color.And it looks disgusting.But there no infection no sicknesses since were both faithfull.

question 1:what is the cause,too much sex, self sex etc
question 2 :is it possible to clean the skin so it gets like the original white color
question 3 :if i can clean it whit what would it be.
question 4 :in the last resort is there surgery for that.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Three possibilities are there. One is of balanitis xerotica obliterans. It is a chronic disease of the penis which presents as white, or purple-white patches or plaques. Diagnosis is by skin biopsy and treatment consists of topical and intralesional steroids, tacrolimus and CO2 laser. Severe cases may require surgical intervention. The other possibility is of lichen planus which is a chronic immunological disease presenting with similar symptoms. Third possibility is of vitiligo which is a pigmentation disorder in which melanocytes (the cells that make pigment) in the skin are destroyed. As a result, white patches appear on the skin in different parts of the body. Diagnosis can be confirmed by external examination, blood tests to check skin cell count for melanocytes and biopsy of the skin patches.
I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him.

Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.

Blank
Dr Bhupinder thanks for the reply but is it normal that it became brown over the years.Are all or most men with standard sex life get brown there.Thanks in advance.
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hi,

Normally there is darkening ofthe penis but brown patches and hypopigmenttation definitely needs to be evaluated. Hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...