perimenopause acne
I am a 45 year old female.  I have had good, clear skin all my life.  Over the past 5 years I have developed skin problems.  What I have is actually deep, hard clogged pores, not actually pimples.  My skin is not oily.  The problem seems to becoming from the inside.  It's only on my face.  Every one of them leaves a small scar on my face.  My pores keep getting larger.  I have tried everything over the counter I can think of from salicylic acid, to benzoil peroxide, to proactive and nothing seems to be helping at all.  Does anyone have any treatments that worked or any other ideas to help this.  I feel like my skin is getting ruined.  I suspect it is related to hormone changes as I am 45 years old.
Hi. Acne is no longer just a teenage problem. Here in the Uk the average age for acne has now risen above 30 for the first time.
Avoid using heavy moisturisers as this can add to the problem.
The best over the counter remedy for spots is, in my experience, Freederm. However, prescription medications are often much more beneficial. Talk to your doctor to see if oral or topical antibiotics could help you, and also ask about hormonal solutions.
Acne scars are often superficial and fade on their own within a year. Products I recommend to fade them faster are Bio-oil and Palmers Cocoa Butter Scar serum.
Clinique make a product called post-blemish formula which fades the scar and discourages a new blemish from forming in the same place. They also make a wide range of cleansers and moisturisers which may help you.
Also look into laser treatments and microdermabrasion which can help active acne and scarring.
Loiloi xx
Thank you for your valuable input.  These are things I haven't tried.

Patsy