Dermatology Community
pimple with pus that does not go away
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pimple with pus that does not go away

I have a bump/pore on the side of my face which will not go away. It's on the side of my face, above my eye and to the left side of my forehead. The bump gets larger with time and fills up with pus. When I squeeze it, the pus comes out thru a pore on my face and drains out and the bump seems to get smaller and almost flat. After a couple of months, the bump or pore gradually gets larger so it makes me want to squeeze out the pus again. Could this be an in-grown hair follicle on the side of my face that is causing the pore to fill with pus. What should I do to treat it or remove it? If I leave it alone, will the pus harden underneathe my skin, and will it cause any problems? Will it heal itself if I leave it alone? I have had this one bump on my face for over 5 years and I have always squeezed out the pus every couple of months.