rash from cat litter

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash from cat litter

Ive had an on going rash that started under my ring finger and spread to the bottom. My doc gave me some cream that deffinatley helps but the rash moves to another area, like an the underside of my ring finger. its only on my ring finger and i have seen some reading about  cat litter germs and realized that when i pick up the litter box to clean it the lip of box is right where the rash is. Also i noticed that the door knob when go out to trash it, the rash is right where i grab the door knob. Its a very difficult rash to control as when it goes away in one spot it come up in an other spot. Note that it is not a big area here i am talking about, its either on the bottom side of the ring finger and moves to the side of the bottom side of the ring finger. I have not seen a dermotoligist. Any one else experience this. I rash started under my wedding ring. I gained some weigt on the ring was a bit tight and thats when all this started. i dont where the ring anymore.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
I can come to a possible diagnosis only after I examine the rash. This rash could be due to contact dermatitis since you feel it has come up after coming in contact with cat litter. Other possibilities are ringworm which starts as small red spots and then grow larger .Pityriasis rosea is another likely diagnosis. Let a dermatologist see the rash. Only once the diagnosis is confirmed treatment can be started accordingly. Do write to us again with more queries.
Take care and best regards!
Thank you