rash on back-
I have a rash on my back.  i have had it for over two weeks.  It sort of looks like hives.  It doesn't really itch but it won't go away. it is very patchy and scattered across my back.  It is light pink and patchy. I am unemployed and I can't afford to go to the dermatologist.  any ideas???
One possibility for such a rash is pityriasis versicolor. It is caused by a fungus that lives in the skin of almost all adults. Factors that can cause the fungus to become more visible include high humidity and immune or hormone abnormalities. Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines. Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.