rash on inner thighs and vagina

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash on inner thighs and vagina

I have a this really itchy rash...its kinda red and purple.  It really itches and sometimes when its really dry it hurts.  I use hydrocortizone cream but its not helping at all.  I dont know what to do.  Any idea what it is or what i can do for it?
From the symptoms it can be lichen planus. It is an itchy papular eruption characterized by its violaceous color. Treatment is available only on prescription and consists mainly of steroids,retinoids,hydroquinone and phototherapy.

Please consult a dermatologist and get it prescribed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.