rash on neck

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

rash on neck

5759798?1275766905
Here is a picture of a rash on my neck.  I also have a rash on my left arm thats bigger.  They have lasted a few weeks.  I have had recurring rashes for the last few years that come and go on my arms, upper legs and inner thighs, my neck and upper chest.  They don't appear directly on my genitals or my back, or at the bottom of my feet.  They itch and have a slight discoloration of red.  They are slightly raised non-blister bumps, and have been lasting longer the last few months.  They are not yellow in color and do not hurt.  They usually last a week or so and go away, but I have had some last for a month now.  I have had the zoster virus appear in the form of shingles ten years ago but there doesnt seem to be any connection to that outbreak and what I am going through now.  Any clue to as to what they are?  
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to pityriasis rosea. The other possibilities are of contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis, hives or fungal infection. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and itching. Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful for pruritus.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

i have a rash on my neck ...after and antibiotic ...is that the cause of my rash