rash on stomach and stomach pain
I have red bumps that have spead across my stomach and sides and they are extremely itchy.  I also have bloating in my upper stomach with slight annoying pain in my upper stomach.  It feels like something is in there, numbing and hard.  My rash started over 6 months ago.  I have been on Zertec everyday with an anti acid for the last month, this doesn't help.  I have also have been given creams from my doctor for exema the month prior to getting on zertec and have tried eurecin. My rash seems to worsen using them, like a burning feeling and the red bumps come out more.  Calamine lotion used to calm the problem but now it isn't doing anything.   I have never had skin problems before or stomach problems. I have had surgery 6 years ago on my liver for scar tissue removal (hit with a minor league baseball 20 years ago) and gallblader remover but nothing else. My rash is speading for fast and is starting on my neck. I am a 39 year old women wieghing 115 lbs, and the only thing my blood tests came back with is an elevated billirubin and slightly high colestrol. Will this rash ever go away and what tests can I ask my doctor for? Are these 2 related.

Really worried and can't get any answers or cure.
someone else had a similar issue & some other poster asked if they had been tested for Celiac Disease.. Reading your post, I'm wondering the same thing.

Celiac Disease (an intolerance to wheat/gluten products) has a rash that goes along with it called Dermatitis Herpetiformis... (here's a link: http://www.csaceliacs.org/dh_symptoms.php)

Anyway, this rash could be coming about because you are eating gluten. May be something to look into especially if nothing else is working. The gastro problems especially! There is a blood test that can be done (but don't stop eating gluten/wheat before testing!) by your general practitioner... then you can take it from there!
GOOD LUCK
Thanks for the comment. I went to the doc today and he said the same thing.  I am seeing a gasto in a couple of weeks for Celiac disease to get a couple of tests. Mean while I am going to try the diet for a week to see if it helps. Then I will eat normal before the test.  If it help the rash, I will do anything.
hey -- that's good (and OK to try the diet, but don't do it for more than a week cause it could throw off the test!) Keep us posted - hopefully the rash will go away ASAP!!!