rash the reappears
I have a rash on my upper front thigh that comes around usually once a month. It starts small and then itches and becomes bigger. It goes away and then comes back again about a month later. I don't believe that it is contagious because no one else in my family seems to ever get it.

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be hives.You can take non-sedating antihistamines such as Cetirizine or Loratadine(Claritim) when the rash appears.Sedating antihistamines such as Benadryl are used at night to get urticaria control. Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms.You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. Also apply calamine lotion and a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the itchy rash.

If the symptoms persist, then you can consult an immunologist. He may start with allergy shots.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.