recurring infection/swelling on my nose

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

recurring infection/swelling on my nose

help please!!

i don't no if what i have is an infection but i'll expain the symptoms and let you decide!

every so often (every month or so)the skin on the bridge of my nose becomes very soft and swells (faint swelling over the bridge of my nose).  the skin in the area that swells becomes faintly lighter than the rest of the nose.  i have a very oily nose anyway and i constantly push out the puss from the pores over my nose but when i squeeze the area that is slightly swollen  all of the pores in that area and  around that area suddenly and sporadically pop and errupt with a pure white, creamy puss that seems to be deep in the pores and can cover an area the size of your thumb nail.  i do squeeze hard and push my fingers down to get under the swollen area and i know i shouldn't but i can't stop myself as i just want rid of this infected, ***** area. it never comes up like a spot but keeps just keeps coming back

has anyone got any ideas what this is or what causes this.

many thanks
These symptoms can be due to boils or cyst. Use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.