red bumps all over my body
I started out having red bumps mostly on my stomach and then they got redder, raised and spread out a little-- it first looked like a lot of mosquito bites all over.  Then it has spread all over my body but the ones on my stomach have almost completely covered it-- the areas are red, raised but spread out-- large circles all over.  They itch like crazy but they are not dry or flaky and they are not ***** or bloody.  Most of them look exactly like mosquito bites.  The one thing I have noticed is that they are in areas where I am not tan which are many as I am a fair skinned red-head. :-)  Any ideas what I might have-- I've tried benadryl- (ointment and pills) and tinactin and neither have worked.  Do I have Pevla (sp)?
My little brother is 12 years old and hes started to get this small red spots too, starting on his stomach working down to his groin area and down his legs and have now spread to his arms too. Initially we put these spots down to chicken pox as hes never suffered with them before but he says they dont itch at all.. but are still spreading.. i dont think they are chicken pox as they would be all over him by now surely within a couple of days iv had them before they work fast. Im not sure about shingles as i dont know if you have to have had chicken pox before to suffer with shingles afterwards.. can anyone tell me if they find out what it is???
Many of you describe situations that sound like bedbugs,  I'm sorry to say. It is a terrible hassle to get rid of them, but it can be done.  Wash everything in hot water, leave unwashable things in a hot car for hours, clean your house to within an inch of its life, spread diatomaceous earth on the floors, put your mattress and pillows in plastic bags, and put vaseline on the legs of your bedframe or in a band of it around the side of your bed.  They are blind and can't fly, so you have to use that against them.  I went through all this earlier this summer, and I hope I never have to again, but no more itchy bumps!
im 27, kinda dark skinned, i started about when i was 22 gettin red and whitish spots above my elbows. they started scattered out and over months, they grew together making a lager area, it eventually started spreading up my arm to my chest, covered my back, but it never has ben on my arm pits, it covers so much i can raise my arms and there is a perfect line that circles my arm pits and inside the circle ive never had these spots, i got them on my neck, sometimes behind my ears. on my chest they will go away sometimes but the rest of them thats on me never go away. my back itches like crazy 24/7, i was told by my doctors that it was a fungas and to use athlets foot cream, ive tried all kinds and it did nothing, then they said to use selsom blue and to use a rag, nothing rough and to wash all areas and rince off, and that didnt help me, it made them worse by spreading and turning darker red. and the spots are kinda raised up, and i just noticed that there are real tiny bumps around the spots. but mine never looked like a mesquito bite, it started out looking like  small odd shape ring worms,  it does seem like its where i dont get much sun light. i work so much and have to wear a shirt that i dont have time to get enough sun.
i have little red bumps all over me!! i am a 24 year old woman.. it started as 5 little bumps on the back of my neck.. i thought it was a spider or a bug the had bit me.. but the next day there was more.. n now they r all over my hands, back, chest n now i have 5 on my FACE!! they r really ichy n i dont know what to do! HELP ME!!
-Hilary
Not sure if it will help as this thread seems to have a load of different conditions bundled into one. Just came back from Vegas this morning, and all week I had had spots appear on my back. Just my back - nowhere else! Started off as a small cluster, gradually building up to more and more, then by the time I rolled in the front door this afternoon my back was almost completely covered!!

I drink a fair bit, I live in London, and I've always had one or two spots around my shoulders on my back, sometimes excasberated by drinking, but never this bad. Obviously in Vegas, I've been living it up a bit, but I didn't think it would be responsible for this amount of spots.

Just came back from the doctors, back here in England, and he said it could be related to the heat. I explained I hadn't exposed my back to the sun out there (being of Celtic stock I can't afford to!), but he said just the heat/humidity might cause the existing spots to flare up. He's given me a prescription for a month of Oxytetracycline, two tablets, twice a day, 30 mins before meals. I then need to see him again to report back! I'll report back to you guys as well, but I hope this helps some people, as I found this thread through Google and it might help!
This all started 3 days ago I guess..
.. Ok ok, I read most on this crap already.. I could have a number of things but.. Its weird because.. . . I have been around NO animals, I have NO new furniture, I have no new clooothes or been on vacation or ANYTHING. . . I am a dishwasher at a pizza hut, I go there and work and I dont deal with customers, I come home, I sleep and do it again.. Its not bed bugs, I really think that would be rare for a loner.. and.. It started out on my back looking like a bunch or mosquito bites and has started to move to my arms and shoulders and such.. Closer areas..  and has itched some but not that bad and dont bother me .. Except for the fact that.. I dont see any possible way I could have got this.. Heat? Is it because I sweat sometimes? But.. Ive been riding a bike and doing dishes working my *** off for years.. So im very confused.. Anyone.. Anyone?

FaceBook: Mandy Skylar BlackHeart
-TheGuitarHeroine \m/
Thanx
I started noticing red spots first on my chest then it spread to my stomach then kindof my back. they sometimes itch but usually it just looks really bad and its worrying me. My mom thought i might be allergic to a body soap or something but no matter where i shower or what i shower with it is the same. now she thinks it might be from my sisters dog, who we babysat a lot before she moved and he would sleep in my bed with me. But he hasn't been here lately and it just started recently. So i dont know if im allergic to something or what is happening. i am 16, and im white but tan in some places so i dont know if that has to do with anything. Any suggestions?
I have the same thing--they do not itch at all, they are dry and flaky though.  They're making me very depressed because I'm scared they will never go away.  Your post is old, but if you see this, maybe you can let me know if it was ever resolved. Thank you,
I got the same sympton two days ago so I started searching information on the web.  It seems to call "skin rash" which is caused by either viral or allegic.  I found the following information useful.

http://www.medicinenet.com/rash/page3.htm
Need help my son my husband and i all have this itchy red rash all over the doctor said it was scavies but we did the the whole treatment thing and my son who is ten months is getting worse and my husband and i have remaned about the same can anyone help us figure out what is going on at first we thought they were bug bites from our family s dog but we dont go anywhere there are animals wha do we do
i just wanna say to everyone here, i had the same thing going on with me. i swear it got to the point of depression with me cuz i read all of the things people wrote and how drs dont no wat it is n such. so i went n bought ZYRTEC n i swear! this this has done me wonders. my body would literally be covered from head to toe with these things, n in only a matter of a couple of hours everythings gone. the thing is, its only a temporary thing, the rash would come back like 2 or 3 days later, but as soon as it does i just take another pill n poof its gone. i took em for a like a week or 2 n now theyre finally gone, but i did get them yesterday, but it was like a 2 weeks since i got em before that. i hope this helps you guys. i honestly know how you guys feel... and it *****.... not because its a rash.. i mean we all get em from the stupidest of things.. its just the fact that no one nos wat the heck they are. anyways, good luck to everyone n i hope i helped you guys.    
hey did you ever find out what it was, because I have some bumps on my arms that don't itch and now there on my legs.
I have little pimples that itch then pop bleed as they heal they itch or burn then they reopen any ideas as to why?  I was told I have MRSA and psoriasis.   How do I make it stop spreading?
My 11 year old daughter has just showed me little tiny red spots (pimple like) all over her chest.  She says that they are not itchy or anything so I have put it down to sea lice bites since she went swimming yesterday in the ocean.  If you have been swimming in the ocean then get spots have a look at this site as there is a picture there showing what the bites look like.  www.surviveoutdoors.com/emergency/sea-lice.asp
I too started noticing little red bumps all over only I just kept thinking like age spots 58 so put it off then noticed a lot of little black spots too I'm convinced its parasites trust me here My skin is almost completely back to normal and its been 7 months with pinworm meds and other parasite cleanse programs Its a miracle let me tell you 58 years probably living with parasites.Look into parasites honestly we all have them but the medical field is totally blind to this and i beleive it would solve half the health problems people are having today
Wow, so many people with the same or similar problems have replied to this post! I have had the itchy bumps on my back, face, stomach and chest for 3 1/2 months now. I get some acne on top of it that just adds to the problem. I am wondering if it is scabies or some other parasite, maybe body lice causing this?? It's scary and I've shown my family doctor and he just looked bewildered. I guess I need to go to a dermatologist. I just hate to have to use that chemical on my body if it is what I mentioned. I have a 2 year old that will have to be treated, also, as you must treat all your clothing, bedding, and the people around you. This is a nightmare and scary, never had anything like this before on my skin in my life.
I have tiney red bumps that started on my brest then moved to my stomach and uper arms. Im the ony one in the house that has them. They are driving me nuts I have no self control when it comes to itchy I now have small scratches from itching them they look grose! Help Me!
I had the same thing and I know how to resolve it... figured I could fix this on my own and I did. Here's how I did it.  CHEAP PERMANENT CURE! - Buy a big jar of Vaseline at Walmart for about $1.69 take a nice hot shower, scrub all over with Lava Soap... found this at the automotive dept at Walmart. It's a bar soap meant to clean greasy hands but is a good scurb soap. When you get out of the shower, dry off rub a coat of Vaseline from your neck all the way down your body. Do this daily. you'll see results within two days. the itching goes away and bumps eventually vanish! - it DOES WORK! I'm feeling human again and for the first time in months I don't need any antihistamines.  There ya go! Please give this a try. Linda
OMFG, do not use calimine lotion i had a rash on my upper chest area so i used calimine lotion & went to bed with it around my neck/upper chest area && i woke up at 2 am with second degree burns i had to call 911 because my whole neck was swollen an very red it had ate my skin and burned it.. i was on 5 different antibotic's it was horrible. just a warning that stuff does not work on anything but chicken pocks!!!
Hi. I have the same problem they are mosty around my lower body. Iv seen many doctors an 3 of the best said they *** due 2 poison in the blood stream. Can be caused from cist's also,as i had 2. Best way 2get rid off red spots is 2 wash in detol bath wash. Ul soon notice them go after week or so x
thanxz u so much for that notice cos i have them boo hoo a verry big thanxz
hi i have the same problem with the red bumps and it's relly annoying  plzx help me ive been screaming for ages
Wow i cant belive how many people have the same problem. well of course i have it to. it started last week with itchy skin then bumps on lower back and butt area. now it all over my arms stomach inner thigh under my breast under arms in the crack of butt . went to doc he said its a allergic reaction to something but i think he's clearly wrong . there spreading like wild fire and itching the hell out of me . im goin back tomorrow for a second opinion . wish me luck and ill keep u posted . by the way no pets 29 african american New  york. started at work... Doc gave me benadryl it not working just putting me to sleep . some bumps are small and some now got big and dry . later for now... thanks for listening ...
I have been getting these too. Mine started in October after going to a pumpkin patch. At first they were just red spots with a tiny bump on my feet and legs, really itchy. I started getting them on my stomach and now am getting them on my arms and its driving me crazy. Ive gone to the doctor and all they keep doing is putting me on med for allergic reaction which they seem to go away a lil but always come back and worse. I live in iowa and am 23. Ive noticed today that the bumps are getting much bigger-look like big hives- and im blochy red all over my legs and arms. Its depressing and extremely embarrassing all i can wear is long sleeve shirts to cover them but i get hot and miserable.
Im ten and today they were in my vaginal section  and right now they on my chest and im kida freakiing out cuz it turning my whole chest red but i aslo have behide my ear and all i know is im allergic to bees but i dont see a stinger any where on my body? Please help me .
Oh my goodness!! I don't even remember posting about this, and I had no idea ANYONE wrote me back, let alone 128 people!! lol I think it must have went into my spam :-(

Anyway, it's been almost 6 years since I posted this, it was NOT hives, I have a rare auto-immune disorder called Felty's Syndrome which is USUALLY a complication of Rheumatoid Arthritis but anyway, it's very complicated and rare and one of the symptoms was body rash...anyway, I will have it my whole life but it's very manageble, I take medicine every week for it and I have good days and bad days, the good news, is I would bet that NONE of you have this which is GOOD and hopefully all you have is hives or some kind of skin rash/syndrome...which are all very treatable and probably have gone away for most of you!! :-) That is my hope for all of you anyway!!  Thanks for all the posts!! :-) "Leesy"
I genually believe I can help a lot of people with their existing problem.  I am an 18 year old man who has been haunted by these red itchy "mosquito bite" like bumps for 7 months now.  I have been to 5 dermatologists (one of them a Dr. at NYU, supposedly the best in the nation) and have been diagnosed with 4 different things.  After proving it was not molluscum, impetigo, scabbies, or mastocytosis, the NYU doctor was convinced it was a type of mite.  Currently, they have spread from my leg to my torso to my entire body.  After completely cleaning my room of all possible dust, they have not accumulated and some even went away.  It is not common that you may be allergic to dust mites, which cause this hive-like reaction that you are looking at/scratching as you read this.  There is a kit if info online concerning how to control dust mites and attempt to get rid if them. I hope I helped, and everyone clean you're room!!
FOR ALL EXPERIENCING THESE ITCHY BUMPS, you start to itch and you can't stop, the more you itch the more the more the hive grow and spread.  If you find that after a bout of itching you look like a seriously diseased patient but nothing seems to help?  Been to a Dermatologist only to be given dangerous topical steroid creams which do not work?  

This is not a cure but will control your probelm which is very stress related by the way!  Take Claretin but the trick is to slowly ween yourself off of it; take a full pill only when you get a serious attack, continue but only when it is a serious attack.  Do this for a month, then lower your dose to a half pill and gradually to a quarter.  Then only take under serious emergency and soon you will notice your issues will disappear.  This happened to me in my mid 20s and started with itchy palms and spread sometimes even to my face.  The problem will never go away but you can train your body to keep it in control, the Claretin trick works very well!!!
i just experienced the red little bumps that started on my arms and went to my upper back to my legs i tried all kinds of creams and lotions n nothing worked.i was going to go to the docter when i came across little bugs crowling on my bed,after inspecting my bed i found bed bugs,so im calling an exterminator to get rid of them and hopfuly my skin gets better.so if you have these similar bumps take a look at your bed.
Ok somthing similar happened to me. One day i woke up and small red bumps were ALL over my chest and upper back. They dont itch though. But i have had them for a couple days now and they dont seem to be getting better. I thought that mabe it could have been an allergic reaction to a shampoo that i usually dont use. But when i used the shampoo a whole day passed and then i got the bumps. I also thought that mabe it was from the sweat under my sports bra because i play competetive sports. Please HELP!!
Check for Bed Bugs. I an extremly clean, so I never thought I'd have those. I was getting bumps that looked like mesquito bites. I found Bed Bugs, they are hard to find. They only come out a nite when you are sleeping. They are small & hard to see, unless they just bit you & sucked your blood into them, they are bigger then. I threw my matresses & bed springs out, sprayed my curtains & whole bedroom with Bed Bug spray. Thank god I have wood floors because they can get in the carpets too.
I read most of the replies on this and I must say most of them sound like Chiggers... Look it up... it's not bad... once you start treatment, you will feel relief within a couple days... DON'T SCRATCH, it will spread. Good luck!
I have these bumps on my stomach and on my chest and a few on my back. I was paranoid about bed bugs for a whole but then they started to be rash like and I couldn't find any signs of bed bugs, plus I'm the only one in the house getting them. I was told to try Benadryl before I go to bed to see if tht works. If it doesn't then I need to go to a doctor because they're getting bigger an seem to have dry skin in the middle.
Bug bites? Idk i have little red ones all over my body. *****..But i think bed bugs or something!
Hey guys, I'm a 15 year old girl who's recently gotten these strange red bumps, as most people that are reading this might also have. They've accumulated near a mosquito bite that I itched really hard, breaking the skin. Said bug bite was on my thigh and a day later, two distinct, itchy, red, swollen marks appeared side by side next to the bite.

Then, I noticed they were getting yellow at the top and realized they were infected. My grandfather popped the marks and treated it with rubbing alcohol, ending with cream.

Literally the next day, I found another mark, this time tiny, at the back of my thigh. Ok, this was getting kinda weird. To my horror, the mark was getting more swollen. Again, when I woke up in the morning, 2 more marks appeared but at least none of the new marks became infected.

Now then, all the marks happen on my right thigh but today, a single, very swollen mark appeared on my left thigh. Now I'm panicking.

Around the same time, I've developed a cold, coughing up yellow phlegm. I began to sneeze and feel chilly constantly, despite wearing a t-shirt, long jeans, and a jacket indoors. My throat constantly constricts on me and I can't sing very well. Mind you, this is the middle of August, in NJ. Then again, I actually do get sick at least once every summer. In fact, I got a cold around the end of June.

My theory:
I'm beginning to suspect that perhaps it's not any bug bites but a inner body kind of thing. The more I think about the red marks and cold happening at the same time, the more I'm beginning to think that it was no coincidence.

I've read all the comments above and I don't believe I read anyone having a cold and this weird itchy red mark thingie at the same same. Correct me if I'm wrong and please present any new theories I might have overlooked. Thank you, I very much would greatly appreciated it.
*Edit*
Oh actually, I forgot something too which might actually be very important.
They were very itchy but the big thing was that the first 2 marks hurt a lot when I walked. On a scale from 1- 10, it was like a 3. Yes, they it did hurt but I could tolerate it, as long as I ignored the feeling.
what the hell do bed bugs have to do with a hispanic influence.  You shouldn't even comment on anything.  Bed bugs have no preference for color, as you obviously do.  Good god!!!  How can you simultaneously be attempting to educate someone of something while you are obviously ignorant.  
can you give shingles to anyone if they touch the clear stuff comin out of the red bumps?
im a 19 year old girl. i have similar symptoms they are all over by body other than my face it gets worse on my hands, feet and genital area but the bumps on my hands and feet sometimes have clear liquid come out of them when they get popped if i dont pop them they sometimes get bigger and if anyone touches the liquid they get the bumps to and they spred like crazy. its been about 4 months now and my doctor has no clue what they are and everything that ya'll have said doesnt quite fit whats happening with me. the bumps started on my legs i at first thought they were chiggers but they ended up not being chiggers. and they itch the most at night or when clothing rubs against them it drives me crazy iv tryed so many diff things changed everything to hypoallergenic but it still aint helped any. someone please help if you have any idea on how to get rid of them and what it is thank you
I'm 11 years old and I have red bumps that are very itchy and they look like mosquito bites and they only come around 7-9ish time I tried Benadryl and I went to doctor but he said he doesn't know and come when it happens but how am I supposed to go when he isn't there! And I showed him photos. ( it's mostly on my hands and feet and little in my stomach and elbows)
like someone staring at you, its a feeling of knowing only you can't see them so its not real righty? Wrong ! See a doctor and get the cream. If you allow yourself to not be reassured and knowledgable of these little under the skin mites it can leave one with phsycological damadge.
The same thing is happening to me. Every time one heals I get another one on a different location. I even had one on my foot and breast.
Should I get it looked at the same thing I happening to me . Or should I just buy some Advil and I'll be fine
I started getting these really itchy bug bites. They were medium sized on my hands, calves, stomach and neck. It began almost a month ago, the bites still come but not often, in roughly the same areas with the addition of my breasts.  Now, however, I have a constant rash on at least one part of my body. Currently, there's one on each of my underarms, the calf of my right leg, the junction where my armpits meet my chest, my stomach, and part of my underwear line. It itches really bad and I think I'm losing my mind. We thought it was bedbugs but several people have slept in my room and no matter where I am in the house, no one else is getting bit while I am. Coincidentally I live in Arizona. I'm going to see a doctor soon. Jennifer, 17, Caucasian.
Hi I am itching all the time as well, these are getting really ichy like there is things crawling under my skin and biting me! After a few days these blotchy bruises have appeared, I am really worried about this so if anyone has had the same simptoms please let me know
Hey there Gargamel,
I know it has been almost 8 years exactly since you posted this, but I wanted to know if you ever found out what this was.  I am a 27 year old male with the exact same symptoms and I cannot figure out what is going on.  The odd thing too is that they are in the exact same places that you described as well.  I am under stress as well and also eat too much cheese haha.  This sounds too similar it's weird.  Hope you have some insight almost a decade later, Thanks!
This is CRAZY!!! I'm laying here in my bed watching the ICHY Red bumps Pop up on my arms. They started two days ago on my lower legs and have moved up my knees, thighs, butt, and know my arms. There are no bed bugs,dust mites, or chiggers in site! I went to the doctor today and she couldn't figure out what it is other than something I'm allergic to...clothing, laundry detergent, soap, lotion, plant, etc. I was prescribed prednisone which isn't working. My mom died a couple of weeks ago and I'm thinking I may be stressed. Lord I hope it is stress because I can become unstressed as time go by, but I can't handle this iching for the rest of my life. I think we are all suffering from the same thing but triggered by different reason.
Sounds like psoriasis and eczema not scabies, had the same issue and only in those certain areas my RN aunt thoughtI had scabies as well until I went to the dermatologist and found out I had a mixture of psoriasis and eczema but in my case I had more psoriasis than eczema like 60 and 40%.
My children went to a sleepover at their aunts. My son slept upstairs but my daughters slept in their aunts bed which is in the basement. Both girls came home with red, itchy bumps on their neck, upper back, arms, thighs, & legs. What could of happened?