red rash - hot to touch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red rash - hot to touch

My daughter is 5 years old.  She has had problems with mild eczema in the past.  Today she got up with a red rash covering her buttocks & it feels warm to the touch.  Now it is spreading to her sides & going up onto her abdomen & back and down both the front & backs of both legs.  She says it itches but I haven't seen her scratch it.  Any ideas?  Should I take her to urgent care??
Just FYI - we went to urgent care & she has cellulitis.  She was put on a strong antibiotic but if she begins to run a fever or get worse in ANY way we are to go straight to the ER & she will be admitted for IV antibiotics.  YUCK!
We are doing very well!  Antibiotic has made a HUGE difference already so it appears we dodged the bullet this time.