Dermatology Expert Forum
red rash under and between both breasts
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

red rash under and between both breasts

am a large breasted woman and I have developed a red rash under and between both breasts, this has first occured during the summer and was wondering if the heat and humidity can be causing this as I do workout 3 x/s a and have been sweating alot. what can i use to clear this up?
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Sue:

Most likely you have a rash called intertrigo, aggravated by skin rubbing against skin.  Yeast infection is possible but much less likely.  To start, try OTC hydrocortisone 1% twice a day, along with powder to keep the area dry.  If that doesn't help, try a dermatologist visit.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
2 Comments
Blank
I have developed what look like chicken Pox type sores under and beneath both breasts; as wll as the outer calves of my legs, and on my arms. I have been to 2 different doctors, they gave me somthing for it, but never quite explainedwhat it was. The medicine they gave me did not work, and I have tryed EVERYTHING, I have had this for two years, and I am very upset about it. I can't wear shorts or a dress, and I live in Texas, and it's in the 100's everyday. (too hot to wear blue jeans)PLEASE help me, I don't know what else to do.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker