red testicles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

red testicles

Hi i have an on going problem for almost a year now,i cant really say how it started but i have red testicles and the gland of my penis is red it burns most of the time and is very uncomfortable  also,ive been to my gp on many occasions and tried many different meds but its still here.Firstly he said that i had an infection and gave my steroid tablets and an antibiotic that didnt work so he gave me more steriods after 2 weeks he gave me emulative cream which was no good then he gave me lamisil tablets that didnt work then tried erythromycin which didnt work.i tried canesten cream for 2 weeks and there seemed to be an improvement but when i stopped using the cream within 2 days back to red and burning testicles and penis again ive also tried fluconazole single treatment but no use if anyone has any clue to what this could be i would be truly grateful.
The first possibility is of course of a fungal infection. To completely rule out any fungal infection, you need to get a KOH examination of the skin scrapings done. The other possibilities are of atopic dermatitis and psoriasis skin for which you need to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.