risens

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

risens

My child is turning three in Sept. She keep getting risens really bad and it started around when she was two and i was womdering how could i get rid of them?? I take her to a der. specialist and she gives her anti-bitoics and if that dont help its sugery what i can do to prevent that from happening and what kind of steps i can take to keep it from poping up for the rest of her life???
Risens or boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. . Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle.

Apply warm compresses and keep the area clean. Drainage is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Give some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.If there are recurrent boils, then get his blood sugar levels estimated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have eczema downstairs for about 3 years now. After 2 years of searching, tests etc. a dermatologist told me it was no bacterial infection or anything, but eczema. I tried a lot of things, but most of the stuff didnt work. However 2 things kinda worked for me. First there's Multi-Gyn. This cream is made of plantstuff. If you have a lot of itch, put it down there. At first you will feel a bit of tingling/soft burn. After that my itch was (for about 3 hours) gone! Second thing that kinda worked is Acupuncture. Not my first choice, cause i believe in science. But i was so desperate, that I tried! And I have to say... while i had the treatments, the itch/cracks/pain/burns/redness/ was reduced a great deal! However, this treatment is not really cheap (about 40 euro's per treatment).

There's one other thing Ive heard. The use of horsemilk may reduce the eczema. For me it didn't work (I dont like milk), but on the internet I found some people for whom it did work!

Hope i can help someone else with my experience.

Well maybe