scar removal on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

scar removal on penis

during puberty i had a fair amount of acne on my face generaly just large blemeshes wich left some small scars here and there but i also devoloped the same type of thing on the base of my penis just above my testicles probably because of cloged sweat glands or maybe in grown hairs but some of this acne has left some scaring mostly a slight  discoloration as well as a slight difference in texture compared to the surrounding area  its only a small part just above my testicals however the scaring is fairly noticable and im very self consious about it...i understand that the best tthing to do would be to come to terms with it and find someone that can accept it as well but im only 23 and i wanna be able to have fun and not be concerned with such a small imperfection i was watching videos on laser scar removal and the resaults were very good and im sure that it would clear up my situation but what i was wonder is if were even possable to treat that area of the body with laser or if there were any other options for scar removal in that area id be willing to try any treatment thanks for any help you can give me
Avatar_dr_f_tn

The genitals has very thin covering and are very sensitive to any procedures done. You may want to try noninvasive technique such as topical or creams safe to use in this area which are also more affordable.  If you would still want to continue with laser treatment, you must first have it evaluated by your doctor or be referred to a cosmetic dermatologist.

Take care and keep us posted.
are there any products you might be able to sudjest that would reduce the discolouration caused by the scaring...the scars are a few years old thank you
sorry also if i went a regular dermatologist would they be able to tell me if the area could be treated with laser and also point me in the right direction?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

There are a lot of creams and other products that can be used for this. However, complete physical examination of the scar and medical history is needed for proper management to be given. A Dermatologist will surely help. And you could discuss treatment options such as the laser scar removal with him or her. A conservative or non-invasive approach is strongly recommended before doing surgical or laser treatment. Take care and regards.
i also have the exact same prob if u could please let me know if u found treatment
I have embarrassing scars from a razor accident above my penis in my pubic area can laser scar removal be used to treat this?