sensitive scalp

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

sensitive scalp

@ 2wks ago i noticed an almost burning sensitivity on the left side of my forehead, running back to top of my scalp when i touch the area lightly or brush my hair. i take prozac, cymbalta lopressor neurontin. i have fibromyalgia and atypical rheumatoid arthritis.53yr old female.i had two concussions on the left side. please advise
In your case, I think that it can be trigeminal neuralgia. Trigeminal neuralgia is very painful swelling (inflammation) of the nerve (trigeminal nerve) that delivers feeling to the face and "surface" of the eye. Trigeminal neuralgia causes severe, short-lasting (only a few seconds) facial pain on the side of the affected nerve even by slight touch. Mostly affects elderly females. May be caused in multiple sclerosis also.

Diagnosis is by nerve conduction tests coupled with electromyography and CT or MRI head. It helps in ruling out other causes of facial pain like cluster headaches, atypical neuralgia and myofascial pain.

I suggest you to get an examination done from a physician and get the diagnosis confirmed as treatment is diagnosis specific.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so very much for the information. I am seeing a GP this friday and will pass on youyr opinion. Thank you again! this has been so very annoying.         cindi.