severe skin prob

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

severe skin prob

I am a 23 year old Indian girl suffering from a very unusual skin problem from last 7 years. I dont know how much does this forum help but now I have become so disheartened that I am leaving no stone unturned to get my problem solved. I had a very good soft skin but I made it worse by scrubbing it very hard thinking that it will become more good. But the end result was rough and dry skin as if the top layer is removed. I have shown to so many doctors in these 7 years but only 20% of the damage has been recovered. I have large pores, dry cheeks, redness and inflammed skin and uneven texture. Please help.
Tags: skinprob, Dry skin
Although it appears that you did damage your skin initially, the problem has lasted too long and I am sure there is something that can help with the inflammation.

With your cheeks being dry and red and inflamed, you may have a condition called Rosacea.  Go back to yur doctor and suggest this to him as a possibility and ask if could prescribe Rosex.  Rosex is a metranizadole based cream and helps with the dryness and inflamation (inflammation). Your doctor also may prescribe a very high sunblock to protect your skin from the sun.  You also may need an antibiotic if the doctor feels this is inflammation of the hair folicles (folliculities).

Keep your skin clean.  Do not use any soaps or anything harsh, and gently pat it dry.  Apply hypoallergenic moisturisers and do not use any make-up. Keep covered with a wide-brimmed hat to avoid exposure to the sun.

Are you using any diet pills? - these can deplete your vitamin levels.  Vitamins D and C and E are essential for good skin.
Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.

Hope you get it resolved very soon as I appreciate it can be very embarassing as I have been through a similar experince with my facial skin.
hey thnk u soo much for ur reply.. Dnt knw who u r but u gave ur considerable time in writing this. I am showing to a dermatologist and she has given me vitamin supplements and an imported cream called trexera. I have used many creams till date but nothing worked as a miracle. They all gave a temporary relief. U said u suffered from a similar prob. So now it has been solved? and u wrote "it could be the inflammation of follicles". What does this actually means? Because i could feel something like that on my face. Everytime I touch my face some white thread kind of thing appears on it.
Folliculitis is an infection of the follicles.  The follicles are the where your hair grows.  We have very fine hair on our face that we do not notice it.

When you are getting whitewhite thread kind of thing when you touch your face, that sounds like the top layer of yur skin is coming off.  Just like when you get sunburnt and the sink peels off.

make sure yu drink plenty of water.  Keep out of the sun.  Wear a wide brimmed hat to protect yur face from the sun and also the wind.

Hope your skin heals quickly.  Best wishes