Dermatology Community
skin disorders caused by agent orange
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

skin disorders caused by agent orange

i have severe edema on both legs. I also have very itchy skin and scalp every time i sweat or take a shower.  i have changed detergents and fabric softeners and went has far in using ivory soap. condition did not go away.  i have these conditions ever since i left viet nam and the edema as gotten worse. to your best of knowledge is there a possible  link to these conditions due to exposure to agent orange?  thank you
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It can be due to contact dermatitis, eczema or aquagenic urticaria. Water urticaria, or aquagenic urticaria, is a rare condition in which hives develop within 1 to 15 minutes after contact with water. The hives last for 10 to 120 minutes and do not seem to be caused by histamine release like the other physical hives.The possibility of exposure to agent orange is less but has to be ruled out.

I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities so as to confirm a diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank