skin lips peeling

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

skin lips peeling

I am only 32years old and this has been happening to me since i was 18.  My lips become white and scaly and beging to peel.  When the skin comes off my lips are red.  I have asked doctors and they just give me cream and say don't lick your lips.  It still doesn't work.  please if you have a solution reply . My lips have also increased in size because of this peeling skin problem.  Please. help.
omg this happens to me too. i hate it! i actually peel the skin off and my lip starts to bleed and then i get like a scab on my lower lip. its gross but theres really nothing i can do about it. sometimes when they start to get really really dry, i use Mary Kay satin lips... its a two step system and it seems to work. the first cream that u use is sort of like a dermabrasion for your lips. it gets rid of the dead skin cells and u leave it on for 60 seconds then u wipe it off with a tissue. the second step is a special lip balm and it makes ur lips silky soft and hydrated... u should try it. couldnt hurt.
There are two possibilities that are coming in my mind.

Firstly,It can be due to vit B deficiency.Take some vitamin B complex for some days and see if your symptoms improve.
Secondly,it can be due to atopic dermatitis or eczema("Atopic" refers to a group of diseases where there is often an inherited tendency to develop other allergic conditions, such as asthma and hay fever). Cheilitis(Inflammation of the skin on and around the lips)is often seen in atopic dermatitis.Diagnosed by bld test like RAST.Treatment is by topical steroids or oral therapy of corticosteroids in severe cases.Topical creams like tacrolimus ointment (Protopic) and pimecrolimus cream (Elidel) are also useful.
If the symptoms persist then pls consult a dermatologist.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

some flakes of skin started peeling off right under my lower lip whenever i eat... it's really annoying coz i  have to reapply cream to keep it moist. but the condition hasnt improved and it still peels off once i dont apply anything. is it something serious? my lip also gets a bit sore .. but not much. i dont see any bleeding or i dont really feel itchy. anyone can help?