small bump, under my skin, on my chin.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

small bump, under my skin, on my chin.

Hi, I am a 24 year old female. I have a small bump on my chin. At first I thought a pimple but I tried to pop it, and then realized that it's under my skin, about 1/16th or 1/8th inch under. It's about half the size of a pea. I've never had a bump like this and I was wondering what it could possibly be, if it will go away, and if i should see a doctor.  
It can be a small boil, a swollen lymph node in response to any recent infection or a sebaceous cyst. Apply warm compresses and keep the area clean. Drainage of the bump is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.