small hard bumps on scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

small hard bumps on scrotum

hello, I have these small hard bumps all over my scrotum and some on my penis the ones on my scrotum are much more noticeable and a bit bigger I'm getting kinda nervous that it could be an std I picked one of them to see what was inside and nothing seemed to come out and it was red inside I would go to the doctor but i dont have my own and i have no job or any money or any form of health care. does anyone have any idea what this is or what i can do to get rid of them?
Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be normal anatomical structures like Fordyce posts, folliculitis, cysts, molluscum contagiosum(multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug), benign growths like angiokeratomas or genital warts(caused by HPV infection).

Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lumps persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I Checked out some pictures of genital warts I defin don't think its that it looks way different they seem to mostly only apear were hair grows out of is that helpful at all?

If the bumps are found close to the hair follicles or on the area where hair follicles are abundant, folliculitis needs to be ruled out as irritated hair follciles have hair arising from the bumps. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or Neosporin can be applied but if the symptoms are severe then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.