sore on scalp won't heal (at least a year)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

5753130?1275605726
Every year on Memorial Day, I shave my head.  It's a little tradition.  Last year, I noticed I had some kind of sore on my scalp.  I didn't think much of it, and eventually my hair grew back and I forgot all about it.  This year, though, I noticed that it was not only still there, but was now twice or three times as large.  I took a photo of it:    Does anyone have any idea what this might be?

Thanks!
Since the sore has persisted for so long and has grown in size, hence any benign or malignant changes need to be ruled out. I suggest you to get a biopsy skin done after consulting a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.