Dermatology Community
sunburn from weeks ago
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sunburn from weeks ago

i forgot to wear sunscreen on this event where i was outside all day long and i got really bad sunburn that was aboutt 4 almost 5 weeks ago. my burn was pretty bad and hurt alot some scabing not its healed a little redstill, but i find that it iches like crazy ive put aloe on it, ive put coco butter on it, ive even put the tea bags on it, but its still iches from like 4 to 5 weeks ago. what do i do HELP PLEASE
Tags: sunburns
Related Discussions
  • Sunburn (1 replies):
    My son got a severe sunburn on his lower legs, worse at ...[more]
  • Long lasting sunburn (1 replies):
    About 8 days ago I sunburned while out fishing. it was ...[more]
  • Sun burns (1 replies):
    hi, My forehead has become dark because of sunburn...[more]
  • Sunburn (1 replies):
    Upper back/shoulders burning and feel like their raw, wh...[more]
  • sunburn swelling (3 replies):
    i don't know what to do sunday i went to the beach and i...[more]
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
509215_tn?1363539423
go to emerg! it sounds like you have more than 3rd degree burns especially if it's lasted for this long. I wouldn't doubt that you are still getting sunburn upon sunburn being out in the sun everyday, even if you are applying sunscreen. this requires medical help by now.
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

Sunburn results when the amount of exposure to the sun or other ultraviolet light source exceeds the ability of the body's protective pigment, melanin, to protect the skin.

Apply cool compresses on the area and take bath with cool(not very cold) water. Do not scrub your skin or shave your skin and use a soft towel and gently pat your skin dry.Also use a sunburn Over-The-Counter remedy containing aloe vera and a light moisturizer or a dusting powder to relieve chafing.You can apply silver sulfadiazine (1% cream) on the skin except face and see if it helps.If the symptoms still persist then you should consult a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional doubts.

Blank
thank you all just wanted to update, to let you all know that i am a very pale skined red head and that the it doesnt hurt that it just itches.

my brother believes (also a red head) that it has formed into a rash, from the itching of the previous dead skin.

"kindd" thank you for the advice, anymore with this, new info would be wonderful thank you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank