sunburn from weeks ago

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

sunburn from weeks ago

i forgot to wear sunscreen on this event where i was outside all day long and i got really bad sunburn that was aboutt 4 almost 5 weeks ago. my burn was pretty bad and hurt alot some scabing not its healed a little redstill, but i find that it iches like crazy ive put aloe on it, ive put coco butter on it, ive even put the tea bags on it, but its still iches from like 4 to 5 weeks ago. what do i do HELP PLEASE
Tags: sunburns
go to emerg! it sounds like you have more than 3rd degree burns especially if it's lasted for this long. I wouldn't doubt that you are still getting sunburn upon sunburn being out in the sun everyday, even if you are applying sunscreen. this requires medical help by now.

Sunburn results when the amount of exposure to the sun or other ultraviolet light source exceeds the ability of the body's protective pigment, melanin, to protect the skin.

Apply cool compresses on the area and take bath with cool(not very cold) water. Do not scrub your skin or shave your skin and use a soft towel and gently pat your skin dry.Also use a sunburn Over-The-Counter remedy containing aloe vera and a light moisturizer or a dusting powder to relieve chafing.You can apply silver sulfadiazine (1% cream) on the skin except face and see if it helps.If the symptoms still persist then you should consult a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional doubts.

thank you all just wanted to update, to let you all know that i am a very pale skined red head and that the it doesnt hurt that it just itches.

my brother believes (also a red head) that it has formed into a rash, from the itching of the previous dead skin.

"kindd" thank you for the advice, anymore with this, new info would be wonderful thank you.
I am a 59 year old woman. Just got back from the VIrgin Islands. I didn't apply sunscreen on my back and it got burned. That was 4 weeks ago. About 3 weeks ago I had uncontrollable want to jump out of my skin itching all over my back. Aloe was not soothing, nothing worked so I went to my dermatologist. He gave me antihistame, one to take in the am and one in the pm all they did was make me loopy. I bought burn spray at CVS and that did help alittle but still uncontrollable itching.  My dermatologist gave me a steroid cream and that does help a bit and so does ice on the back. But as soon as the ice melts and the lotion dissipated, im back to being completely uncomfortable and itchy. I feel your pain marebearss. When will this go away and when will I feel better and not itch like crazy.. The itching is causing me anxiety too because its so annoying.

HELP dr. Help Marebearss, feedback.

PS I heard Sarna lotion was good. I am going to go get that today.

Thank you
Linda