Dermatology Expert Forum
tightness and burning in hands and feet
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tightness and burning in hands and feet

hi doc
i am a 45 yaer old male. i am having burning on the bottoms of both feet,and my hands feel tight,hot and kind of plasticy.
i do know if that makes any sence to you or not.but if you have any comments i would like to hear then.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Frank:

Doesn't remind me of anything much.  Fungus wouldn't do that.  Try using Sarna lotion (OTC) as needed for itch, moisturize at bedtime with Nutraderm lotion (also OTC) and see what happens over the next few weeks.  Bet it goes away.  Stress could be a factor.  

Best.

Dr. R
4 Comments
Blank
I get hives that start on the back of my neck and ears, spreads to my eyes with lip swelling, in a circle around my bra line, then around my waist and up both sides of my back, back of my thighs, and on my knees, also on the inside of my arms to my armpits, my skin feels like it is being scalded and when the attack occurs I have joint pain. I have been living on benedryl, and eliminating things from my diet, and using perfume free, dye free products. this has been going on for 4 weeks and started out of the blue.
Blank
Frank,
I'm no doctor but,,,
Sounds like what you are describing is a type of peripheral neuropathy... with burning feet and hands feeling tight etc. Maybe advisable to see a neurologist.
Blank
I also am not doc ... but I am a diabetic and sounds so familiar ... i would have your blood sugars checked right away if i was you ...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker