underarm rash and abscess

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

underarm rash and abscess

For about a year or two Ihave been getting rashes and multiple abcess (abscess) at a time in both of my under arms, the abscess have appeared in other areas of my body as well.  In the past my doctors just keep treating me with antibiotics but they really dont seem to help or keep them away.  Cancer runs in my family, my mother fought a long battle with multiple myloma, and my sister is fighting sarcoma.  My sister had one of her hips removed in May and now she has tumors in her lungs.  My question is, should I be worried about the abscess that I continue to strugle with (some hurt and some don't) or should I start seeking other doctor opinions rather than continuing to get treated with antibiotics?
  • Weird bumps on my leg. (1 replies):
    I have these odd pimple like bumps on my leg that have b...[more]
  • boils and fungus (1 replies):
    My daughter has huge boils forming under her arms and wa...[more]
  • in pain (1 replies):
    i have a very painful ingrown hair on my bikini area and...[more]
  • Rash (2 replies):
    I have this terrible rash between my butt cheeks It star...[more]
  • Boils (1 replies):
    I have a raised lump under my breast. It is extremely pa...[more]
These can be boils, cysts or some benign skin growths. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin.

Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean. Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. If there are recurrent boils, then please get your blood sugar levels estimated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.