wart or something on big toe.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

wart or something on big toe.

first of all id like to thank you in advance.
i have this wart like thing on my big toe. ive been to the docs few time and they sprayed something on it to freeze it or something. it swells up for a while and then after the skin peels off its back to normal. and most of the time it gets bigger!!!. i am quite lucky the wart is on the side of my toe becuase it hurts when i press on it. im still not sure if its a wart. its just a big lump about 1cm in diameter and the top of the skin is like rough. might be some kind of wart. when i have showers or go swimming it becomes all white. its been there for at least a year. usually the freezing works. but for this one it keeps coming back even bigger.
I cannot confirm a diagnosis without examination, but it can be foot blisters or fibromas.

When a foot is hot and sweaty, the sock sticks to the foot. The sock and foot then rub against each other and the inside of the shoe causing blisters to appear. Plantar fibromas are firm, nodular masses which occur as a single mass or in clusters on the arches of the foot. Wear shoes that fit properly and keep feet as dry as possible. Wearing wet shoes, boots and socks will increase your chance of developing blisters. So change socks regularly.
And use foot powder to help keep your feet dry. If the blisters still persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist/podiatrist.
I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you’ve any additional doubts.

thanks for your reply.
just to reiterate its on the left side of my left big toe. im sorry but i really doubt that it is a blister. i doubt a blister would stay this long without changing. and after frozen just regrows. also if it was a blister it would mean that my big toe and toe are rubbing too badly and it would hurt me when i walk. this is not the case. it only hurts wen i press on it with my finger. i used to swim alot. maybe it is a wart. but some different kind of wart. it is a single lump and rough on the top.

i heard about the duct tape method and tried it. i thiink it works but i didnt do it long enough. because once i removed it. black spots started appearing and i was told it was blood vessels?

it could be fibromas. if it is, should i tell the doctor to spray or freeze it longer? or should i no longer do that because every wart that ive had has been removed but this once stays or gets bigger every time i try freeze it.
The other possibilities are of callus, seborrheic keratosis or warts. Apply lots of moisturising lotion and vitamin E. Place protective covering or bandages over the sore to decrease friction on the skin until the sore heals. Rub sandpaper disks or pumice stone over hard thickened region and soak feet  in warm soapy water to soften.Then rub with a pumice stone and apply some moisturizer.

If still the lump persists, then pls go in for removal by surgical means or with keratolytic agents (medicines that break up hardened areas of skin). Shaving or cutting off the hardened area on the skin by a doctor is also helpful.

Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.

My son has a wart or growth of some sort on the underside of his big toe.  It sticks our quite and bit.  It doesn't bother him daily, but it can be pretty tender to the touch.  It doesn't have any puss or anything in it.  It's just a big hard mass of skin.  My first thought is that it's a wart, but when looking up warts, I don't see any that appear on the bottom of the toe close to the joint.