water bubble blister type rash on hand

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

water bubble blister type rash on hand

Im a dog groomer...and i have these water bubble type things that started on my finger..spread to 2 other fingers and now the palm of my hand..it starts clearing up on weekends when iam not working but when i do back to work it starts getting worse again..im allergic to dogs..could the rash thing be from handling dogs all day and all the exposure to water?i tried wearing gloves but thats when it spread to the palm of my hand..any suggestions?

There are several causes of blisters. In your case it could be due to handling dogs. Using gloves would help.

'Blisters are usually caused by injury to the skin from heat or from friction, which create a tear between the epidermis—the upper layer of the skin—and the layers beneath.

Short periods of intense rubbing can cause a blister, but any rubbing of the skin at all can cause a blister if it is continued for long enough. Blisters form more easily on moist skin than on dry or soaked skin, and are more common in warm conditions.

Sometimes, the skin can blister when it comes into contact with a cosmetic, detergent, solvent or other chemical; this is known as contact dermatitis. Blisters can also develop as a result of an allergic reaction to an insect bite or sting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister

Most blisters heal naturally and do not require medical attention. As new skin grows beneath the blister, the fluid contained within it will be slowly reabsorbed by the body and the skin on top will dry and peel off.

You should try to keep blisters intact and unbroken in order to avoid infection. Blisters that have become infected can be treated with prescription antibiotics.

It would be best to consult a doctor if it does not resolve on its own in a few days.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.

i guess ill consult a doctor its been over a month ...thanks for the help:)