what is a good medicine for swelling lips?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

my upper lip is swollen and if i close my mouth the upper lip doesen close and its blown up so it doesen close properly and wen i close them there bees a gap between my upper and bottom lip
so can you please tell me a good medicine for this that would recover it

Thankss hope to hear from yo soon as possible
Unexplained swelling of the lip and cheeks without any predisposing disease is frequently caused by allergies. An allergic reaction can occur suddenly, even in a person with no previous history of allergy.This swelling of the lip and cheeks is called angioedema.It is the rapid swelling (edema) of the dermis, subcutaneous tissue, mucosa and submucosal tissues.Symptoms include swelling of any body part which appears suddenly and comes and goes.

Pls take some oral antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin and consult a doctor.Steroids are needed and they area available on prescription.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.
Recently my upper lip began to swell before my eyes over a three hour period.  At its worst, it looked as if I was wearing some hideous mask.  Fortunately, the swelling subsided within 24 hours.  I went to an allergist, who reviewed my various medications.  As a consequence, he took me off of enalapril (generic for Vasotec), an ACE inhibitor to control hypertension.  He also prescribed epinephrine (to be self-injected) should I develop a life-threatening swelling of the throat.  However, he seemed confident that abandoning enalapril should prevent any recurrence.