white circles under my eyes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

white circles under my eyes

I am desperate to find out how I can get rid of these white circles under my eyes. I have white circles that look like I wore sunglasses and my whole faced tanned except under my eyes. Right under the white circles are freckled dark spots all along the underneath of the white circles which makes the white stand out even more. Also, my eyes look more sunken in under them and where the darker freckled patches are it is puffy. I really need some help. This problem is really affecting me and is making me very self conscious. I believe that a certain Neutrogena product caused it. I thought it was a make-up concealer that helps diminish puffiness and dark circles. It is call "visibly firm eye concealer with active copper". Could this be the cause? It's been at least 6-9 months and they haven't gone away. Did it permanently damage the skin under my eyes? Please find a solution for me, I am desperate and too young to have this problem. Thank you.
i also have same problem and have had this 3 years but only really shows up in spring summer not winter as im pale during those months so you cant really see the difference. but in summer i tan easy but remain pale under my eyes and really do not know the cause of this . it just started one day three years back and iv been searching for answers ever since. hope we can find out what causes this and how we can correct it. good luck
i have since found that taking lots of vitamins is clearing the pale under circles. i guess it must if been vitamin deficancy in the body
These white circles under the eyes may be postinflammatory hypopigmentation secondary to some creams or lotions you have applied on the area.It can also be due to nutritional deficiencies like anemia.Try taking some iron supplements for some days and apply a good sun screen before going out in the sun atleast half an hour before going out in the sun.

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

This is is not from the lotions, and not from tanning.  Not from drinking and not from a tanning bed.  I have my endocrinologist looking into it.  She is a bulldog about this sort of thing and she WILL figure it out.  It may have to do with anemia.  I promise to post whatever I FIND OUT.  I should know more about this in a few months.  Hang in there!  I'm 45 and have had these pale circles for as long as I can remember.  My mom and sister have it too.
Michelle
Is anyone yet found out a sure fire way to rid theses stupid white citles under your eyes? Am sick of looking at them!!!!
I hope to find out the cause of these white circles as well, I read that sugar can cause it? The anemia  cause sounds plausable as well.  
Heres hoping we find out as they are  very embarasing and wont stay away from home with friend etc as I don't let any one see me without makeup.  My face is very red as well and if I'm tired I'm ghostly white and red(Yuk)  I could go on and on.  Its good to read of others with this problem and not feel alone anymore!..
Signing off
A White eyed sister x
to everyone on here i have finally found the cure, it is sinus related and just by taking something as simple as sudafed tablets clears the racoon eyes,
its tried and tested by me and another member on this site, and i can confirm its related to sinus problems , hope this helps everyone,
its only took me 6 years to find the cure , haha , never mind got there in the end
Hey! Thanks for posting your findings. I just noticed white circles around both eyes right when I had pink eye and stopped taking an antidepressant. Now, that I have a tan, it's a lot worse looking. Do you take sudafed every day? I do tend to have sinus issues as well. I take Alavert every day but for allergies. Any more info would be so helpful and appreciated!! I'm so self-conscious about it!
Can anyone shed anymore light on how to get rid of white circles round my eyes I'm getting really down about these now :( tried sudafed n vitamins n still nothing :(