white dots on lower legs and arms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

white dots on lower legs and arms

i have white spots on my lower legs and arms for several years.  They are  smooth and flat, does not hurt nor itch, and are between 1 mm to 3 mm in diameter.  Over the years, they seem to have grown to 3 mm.  i heard they may be tinea versicolor, or luecoderma, or vitiligo.  But the pictures i found of tinea and  vitiligo seem really widespread over parts of the body.  This is not so,in my case.  Just tiny dots, like a galaxy on my skin, spattered all over the lower legs and arms.  
hello,
i have been reaserching on the same thing fo a wile they say it is mostlikey fungas or  vitiligo..but they also have information saying that it could also be from sun exposure.sometimes when your skin is exposed to high sun rays, it will irritate the skin.i have been looking for information for a few days but as i ask around i see that more and more people have it.i also went the doctors office and they gave me some topical oitment and that did not work.
hi, i have been having the same problem just recently. I have small white flat dots on my lower leg and mine have this intense itich. I've been to the Dr, and she gave me a topical skin cream. althought she didn't diagnose me yet. she's running some blood work and I have a f/u in 1 week. this has got me worried because I'm not sure what to expect

There could be several causes of these white spots. It would be best to consult your doctor with your parents to find out the cause in your case and plan the further management accordingly.

Some of the perceived causes are emotional stress, hereditary factors, worms, sunburns and physical illness. This skin condition can be aggravated due to diseases like hyperthyroidism, diabetes mellitus, pernicious anemia and Addison's disease.

Fungal infections of the human body are very common, and are often quite bothersome. One such example is a condition known as tinea versicolor, a superficial yeast infection that produces white spots on the skin that are difficult to remove.

You should talk to your doctor and rule out the above causes.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.

If it's the same as what I have...the condition is called Bier's Spots.

I have had exactly the same thing since about the age of 7 and it's NOT a dermatalogical (skin) disorder it's a Vascular (circulatory) issue. This is to say that the problem, and therefore remedy, is with the arteries, veins and capillaries that supply the skin with blood, and not the actual dermis of the skin itself. This is why I don't advise going to see a dermatologist about it, as their specialty is based on the skin, and this issue goes far deeper. It's a SYMPTOM of a vascular issue, so really you need to go and see a vascular specialist who will be able to investigate exactly why this is happening.

I hope you get a chance to read this, as I see your comment was from ages ago :)

Sophie Xx
Hi Sophie,

What happened, did you find the solution for this issue?

Regards,
Camilla