white sun spots on my forehead

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

white sun spots on my forehead

5936021?1279684136
So i am a 14 year old white caucasian female. Near the beginning of this summer i started noticing these couple white spots that i suspect are caused form the sun... there is a couple on my cheek as well. i think they are sun spots. i was just wondering if there was any possible way i could get rid of them... like is there any products that i could use to get rid of these... i honestly hate having them. i heard selsun blue shampoo works.. but how do you use it??? also if you know of any other cream that could work PLEASE let me know. btw i make sure to apply sunscreen to my face at all times. :) any help or information would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks!
Tags: Sun Spots
From the symptoms they can be pityriasis alba or pityriasis versicolor. Pityriasis alba is a common skin condition mostly occurring in children and usually seen as dry, fine-scaled, pale patches on the face.

No treatment is required and the patches in time will settle in due course of time. The redness, scale and itch if present may be managed with simple emollients and sometimes hydrocortisone, a weak steroid, is also used. Severe cases may require PUVA therapy.
Pityriasis versicolor is caused by a fungus that lives in the skin of almost all adults. Factors that can cause the fungus to become more visible include high humidity and immune or hormone abnormalities.  Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have the same white spots, and discovered it's from Celiac disease.  I would get yourself checked out for gluten allergy.
Thanks. I have a similar condition and it only happens during the summer months. Looks like that patch does not tan as much and appears like there is a light patch. No itch (until you irritate it). Any advice? Would Clotrimazole work?
i have same, got it after a walk. i recommend aloe vera gel/plant. or just let it go away by itself over time... use aloe at least three times daily. if it gets worse or doesnt go away speak to a doctor,(or do it now). good luck!