white sun spots

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

white sun spots

2683851?1206355683
i also have white sun spots iv had them for a few years... both doctors and dermatologists are ignorant to this problem as i have been to many, none of which were any help(ie they dont know what it is or how to treat it)
so here is what i know so far that works and kind of why...

your skin starts to develop these white spots after a skin trauma such as sun burn... it is a fungus that gets under your skin so to speak. you can get it from both normal sun exposure and from sunbeds.
the fungus needs to be treated with products such as selsun blue... the reason for this is that selsun blue is an anti dandruff shampoo(antifungal)... therefore if selsun makes ur skin burn or react badly it is too strong for skin try any antidandruff shampoos and serums. your skin might start to go dry and appear scaly just continue exfoliating to remove the dead skin and you can use all natural tea tree oil. try stay away from creams and oiols that you normally use. also change your soap to liquid soap.

with sellsun blue you need to apply it after a warm shower so your skins pores open up and gently exfoliate first. rub it on like a cream for 15min to 30min everyday and rinse off again. for ladies that shave their legs you need to disinfect your blades after every use with surgical spirits. the towel you use to dry yourself should only be used once max twice as it will carry the fungus as it can continue the spread. when you go to the sunbed take your own surgical spirits with and baby wipes or a cloth to clean the bed... always clean the bed before and after use.

anti-fungal tablets also work as it kills the fungus from the inside out whereas skin products will kill it from outside in.

hope this helps you as it helped me. for those of you still planing to go to a dermatologist or doctor have fun... i went to my local chemist/pharmacist and they explained verything to me... they know what to prescribe better than the doctors do.

This discussion is related to Tanning Spots.
would an anti-fungal foot creme work? unable to use selsun blue because of active ingredient sulfate
looking at your arm it looks like the problem i have but i have less has the selsim blue gotten rid of your problem?
I can tell you what I know.. Even though this is super old.. Those white spots, are one of three things - 1) ringworm 2) a yeast infection 3) youre diabetic ..
1)The selsun blue will work to get ride of it IF it's ringworm. You put all over the area after you shower at night, leave it there until the next morning.. Do it every day for 2 weeks.
2) I know it sounds gross, but everyone has yeast in their body, & you may produce too much yeast.. Your doctor can give you these pills to take
3) Well, that was pretty to the point.. You have to get tested for it
my son has these white patchy spots only on his face and they appear only when he gets out in the sun.if he stays out of the sun he does not get these spots.he has had them for several years,they always go away in the winter and he has never had a problem with them until now.hes 13 now and it is bothering him for the first time.please help.
I always got these white spots on my arms but never cared but now I am in college and I hate showing my arms but where I live it is so hot so its hard to wear long sleeves because it is to hot. I dont have much money to see a doctor so I am lefted out not knowing what they are, can anyone help please.
my son gets them on his back after being in the sun, they seem to appear the next day. im trying to figure out what it is.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers