Mom who had gd/need some answers
With my first pregnancy I had gestational diabetes.  My son was born at 37weeks but had a low birth weight (1.88kg).

That was 2years ago and he is a very healthy boy. I find myself wondering what could have cause the low birth weight. Does the gd had some part to do with it?

I want another baby in the future but I want to have some answers first.
there are many possible reasons for  low birth weight.  

If your blood sugars were well controlled during pregnancy then the GD is unlikely to have been the cause.

The main thing is to be as healthy as possible prior to a second pregnancy, and then to eat well and exercise during the pregnancy.   If you do develop diabetes a second time, then having excellent management will also be key.

There are some things that cannot be known with any certainty.  We can only do our very best to give the best possible outcome.   If you want another child, do not let fear or uncertainty stop you.  

Best wishes.
Hi mee25, we have this comprehensive article on gestational diabetes that may help you figure out more, but it's also a great subject to take up with your ob/gyn.

https://www.medhelp.org/diabetes/articles/Gestational-Diabetes-Are-You-at-Risk/198

Thanks for visiting MedHelp.org for advice, and we hope you stick around. We have a lot of very active pregnancy and diabetes communities.