this gonna be my 3rd time I don't have time
Can I tell my doctor I don't want to take the glucose test again???
I told my doctor I did not want it. I have no history of diabetes in my family tho and never took it with my two previous pregnancies. It is optional.
You can refuse anything. They will tell you why they think it is important and I think it is important. You don't have to have a family history.. anyone can get it and a blood sugar over 200 can be fatal to baby.
You really should take the test,gestational diabates needs to monitored if you have it for both you and your babys sake...why wouldnt you want to take the test if you dont mind me asking? I know its not the nicest test to take but it does need to ruled out
I'm actually at the doctors office doing the 3 hour test right now. I'm starving from not eating, I have a headache but I just want to make sure that all is well and rule out any medical risk for my baby.
I personally get extremely sick when i do the test. My stomach cant tolerate it. I puke it up and end up nearly fainting everytime. I told my doctor i refuse to retake and so she ordered a blood test instead called "hemoglobin A1C". My blood sugar was fine. U could try opting for that instead.
I didn't have GD with my first pregnancy but I do this time. If it isn't controlled you can end up with a very large and/or very sick baby - it can even result in stillbirth. It isn't the most fun test but it is incredibly important for the health of your baby.
Its important to do all the tes even tho we do not want to ..  i just. Took the one hour test now im waitng til my may appointment. To see if i. Hav it .
Mines was 130 . And she said its passing but it's borderline . And I don't feel like taken it over I think if it was over 130 then I should consider taken it over
i was borderline diabetic with my last baby and he came out being 11Lbs 5oz. its Very important to take care of yourself even if your borderline diabetic
It's very important to have this test ran not just for you but for the safety of  your baby you can ask your doctor about other options you have instead of doing the glucose test nut just because your family has no history of diabetes does not mean you don't have a chance of having gestational diabetes and every pregnancy is different  just because you didn't have it with one pregnancy doesn't mean you won't have it for another
I too have no history of diabetes in my family, and didn't have it with my other two pregnancies, but guess what, I have gestational diabetes now.. please get checked. There are no symptoms and it's crucial for the well being of you and baby.
Yes it is very important. I had GD with my first pregnancy, did not have it with my second pregnancy and I have it again with this one
I was thinking of refusing it too. I already know I'm prediabetic, I monitor my blood sugar four tines a day already, and I have my a1c done every few months. I see no need to take this test when I can already tell you exactly what my blood sugar is like.
130? I was 130 and my midwife said I passed and everything is fine. Why are they making you retest?
130-140 is the border between having it and not.
I didn't have it with my previous 2 pregnancies.  But do with my 3rd. So I would take the test.
I take mine at my next visit. Dr. said it should only take an hour unless there is a problem, then I'll need to stay the full 3 hours.  But I'm willing to do anything for my baby so 3 hours is nothing. Can we ask why u don't have time?

it is possible to have gestational diabetes, even if one has no family history.

However, there is an alternative to the test.  You instead get a home blood sugar test meter and test fasting blood sugar (should be in the 70 - 95 range), and two hours post eating (should be < 120).

If you do this testing for several days, record and show to your health care provider, they should accept this in place of the glucose tolerance test.

You can then test from time to time as your pregnancy progresses.
You dont have time? this is your child were talking about dont be selfish even if u didnt have it before u can get it this time and if you dont know can cause her complications.
you should definitely take it.  The risks of what could happen if you do have untreated gestational diabetes are to great.

And just because you didn't have it with a previous pregnancy does not mean that you won't get it. I didn't have it with my 2 previous pregnancies, but do with this 3rd pregnancy.